Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Adventures of the burning dryer

2-4-13:
"on Saturday our dryer made an odd "zapping" noise and the lights flickered at the same time. We kept an eye on it, and nothing really seemed out of whack afterwards so we let it go and kept using it. Jay left to run a few errands, and while he was gone our basement started to smell like something was burning. Not wanting to be responsible for our house burning down, I stopped the dryer until he returned. After watching 3 youtube videos, he took the entire thing apart yesterday to figure out what was going on. I was studying in the living room when I heard him stomping up the stairs and darting in by me. I was slightly terrified because I knew somehow something was going to be my fault. Par for the course in our house. ;) He stood right in front of me all huntched over like a little grumpy old man and said "Well?! Do you want to know what was wrong with our dryer?!?" I didn't answer. I knew I was going to be told regardless. As I just sat there staring at him, he held up a fried bobby pin. He explained that it was sucked through one of the holes in the back of the dryer, got lodged on the heating coils, and got so hot that it melted the back of the dryer every time we used it. I didn't know what to say, so I did what I do best. Laughed hysterically. He hounds me day in and day out to pick up my bobby pins because I leave them EVERYWHERE. I guess now that I almost burnt our house down I'll check my pockets more, and MAYBE put them away ;)"

No comments: