Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My V-Day

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Which is really a Hallmark Day. A day for them, and company's like them to generate tons of revenue, but it's still a big day in our house. We do a pretty good job showing our love for one another and our kids the other 364 days out of the year, but this is just an excuse to be over-the-top lovey...and we I look forward to it!

Breakfast will consist of red strawberries, and pink yogurt. Heart shaped pancakes and pink milk. Everyone will wear red and pink to school and daycare, and do Valentine projects for the duration of the day. I will walk my husband out of the house wearing the most hideous holey clothes I own while screaming "HAVE A GREAT DAY POOKIE BUNS!" and "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH SUGAR LIPS!" embarrassing the crap out of him in front of all of our neighbors until he closes the garage door on me. Then I will run in and call his work phone to leave a super long and sappy message that will be waiting for him as he walks in to his office.

After I'm done with school, I will pick my kids up and we will put the finishing touches on Daddy's gifts before he gets home from work. As he walks through the door, I will watch him get attacked by 2 out of the 3 kids (while the 3rd bounces around in my arms with excitement slapping every inch of my face in the process) and see the joy on their faces as they watch him open the gifts that they have worked so hard on. We will try and have a romantic dinner with all of the kids which usually ends with us getting them out of their chairs early to avoid all of their utensils, cups, and plates being thrown all over the place.
We'll do the whole bedtime routine, and finish up our romantic meal after all of the kids are in bed.

As embarrassed as my husband acts on Valentine's Day, I'm pretty sure he enjoys every second of it, and I'll even go as far to say that he looks forward to it.

So here's to hoping that all of you enjoy every single minute of a day designed to shower the ones we care about most with love, laughter, and a little bit of embarrassment.

No comments: