Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Birthday Gift...Wonderful...


1-6-13: The girls and I have been running errands and getting last minute stuff for Morgan's birthday next week. Since we've been on a birthday kick, Maddie has made it known everytime she sees something she wants to get for someone's birthday (whether it be an ad on tv or in the paper, or something she actually sees in the store) Last night Jay and I were getting dinner ready while the girls were already seated. Maddie started screaming and shouting "That's it Mom!! That's what I'm going to get you for your birthday!! You're going to LOVE it!!" I popped my head in to see what all the excitement was about...and there it was. An ad for a handicap bathtub for senior citizens. I put my head down in shame as I recalled her earlier description of me as "Someone I love, a girl, and who's really big"...and now I'm getting a handicap bathtub...while at the store yesterday Maddie spotted me at the end of an aisle. She proceeded to run to me and tripped over her own shoe. She tried to catch her balance but ended up stumbling the entire length of the aisle before falling flat on her belly and skidding another foot towards me. I was already laughing hysterically just watching her arms flailing and her crouched run as she tried to steady herself, but to top it all off, she tooted as soon as she hit the ground. She got up laughing and said "Excuse me" but Jay and I couldn't compose ourselves for a solid minute. We must've looked like fabulous parents as we stood there laughing in our kid's face.

No comments: